Hi there my Friends,
Great fashion is to stand out from the crowd and yet fit in.
So how do we stand out in the ocean of sameness? Another long layer, ombre or bob?
What will set each of us apart and increase our value?
If a member of the press was to interview you about your style, in one sentence how captivating and interesting would your answer be?
For example ‘I define my style as classic with a twist, never compromising beauty’.
So what does branding your self mean? You should decide what you stand for and what you do not stand for.
I view my brand “Vivienne Mackinder and HairDesignerTV as a reflection of my style. A brand expresses our values, test your level, knowledge, and all that translates into a style statement.
First what is your style? What do you love? What are your strengths? Are you playing to them? Make sure your Salon environment and location supports these values. Then let the world know you exist.
6 IMPORTANT POINTS FOR YOUR CHECK LIST
1. Remember when your Clients leave the salon they are wearing your brand, it’s a flag to your style.
2. Your portfolio and ‘look books’ mirror your diversity, skill set and making a statement about your Brand.
3. Your style of communication is part of your brand.
4. The salon space you work in should reflect your brand.
5. Your style of work technically and creativity reflect the standards of your brand.
6. Social media and your web site is the store front to your brand.
Check out the images below, which styles do you relate to?
Today write out your brand statement.. i.e. Nike say “Just do it”
Calvin Klein – simple clean modern minimal style
Clean simple classic and yet modern styles
Feminine soft romantic styles
Edgy glamour styles
Cute and girly style
While we all get a ‘style mix’ with in our clientele, there is always a dominate style that is part of your brand.
Remember what we project we will attract. Project and attract more of what you want… let me know how you get on.
Best wishes Vivienne Mackinder.
Founder of HairDesignerTV.com