Hi there my friends,
Einstein said we’re all born geniuses, so why do we still let ourselves be inhibited by the fear of judgement and issues of confidence?
I am sure we all have this in common, the challenge of dealing with a difficult client or head of hair that totally intimidated us. I have learned that the journey to being a great hairdresser also means failing! I feared failing so much in my early career that at times it inhibited my creativity. Now in my maturity I value all my mistakes as they were very valuable lessons to learn and grow from.
Ever said this to yourself? “I’m worried about making a mistake.”
This reminds me of the famous quote from Thomas Edison, who invented the lightbulb;
“I have not failed, I have discovered 10,000 ways that don’t work.”
When you are being creative there is no such thing as failure only feedback on how to improve, that’s why I still practice on a Mannequin head!
Here are my top 10 tips for challenging situations and how to grow in the face of adversity.
- Breath – slow deep breaths are so powerful in calming you down so that you can think and not react.
- Step away – excuse your self so that you can calm your emotions and then better make a new plan.
- Face the truth and reality of the situation. What is not working? Why is it not working? Determine a solution.
- Belive in your intuitive voice, which may waved a red flag long before the situation got out of control.
- Seek wise council – this is when a great team is worth their wait in gold.
- learn move on, bring the lesson with you into your future, but leave the drama behind where it belongs.
- Stay humble, be hungry to learn and grow.
- Be flexible, you may have a great idea but today may not be the best time for the idea, listen, learn and be adaptable.
- Strive for your very best, but don’t beat yourself up trying to be perfect.
- Seek contentment and ambition. Contentment is your reward and gratitude. Ambition is the fire to grow, and the balance of both is mastery.
I hope you have found this helpful,I look forward to helping your more online or at my 2016 workshops www.hairdesignertv.com All the Best Vivienne Mackinder founder of HairDesignerTv.com