“Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight.
You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to.
If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive”.
Sometimes the simple styles are the ones that test us the most.
Inspiration Classic Audrey Hepburn
In this Shot I started to deconstruct the style for a relaxed look
Get the Look: Prep hair with Foundation Mist and Maximista Thickening Spray and Blast dry with a blow dryer.
- The hair was brushed through with a bristle brush.
- The fringe area was sectioned out and the remaining hair brushed into a ponytail and secured at the crown.
- The ponytail was set with a large curling iron.
- The fringe was lightly ‘meshed’ and smoothed into a side sweep and the ends were tucked around the ponytail base.
- The ponytail was backcombed lightly using the “Mesh technique” the hair was smoothed into a bun.
- Relax texture by using fingers to ‘pinch and pull’ opening the hair to create “valleys and Peeks” to undo the style.
- Spray a touch of Soft Spray to hold in place.
A classic wave is always a challenge, in both of these style classic technique is so important.
I live by this quote “Learn the rules before you break the rules.”
- Prep hair with Foundation Mistand Maximista Thickening Spray and Blast dry with a blowdryer.
- Using a curling tong, create waves in a natural pattern and break them up with brush and separating with your fingers.
- Spray a touch of Dry Texturizing Spraythroughout for a lived-in feel.
Photo credits Shot on location at Oribe Work shop NYC.
Hair Vivienne Mackinder
Make up – Nestor Lopez
Fashion styling – Aslin Berio
Photography David Guerrieri
For all booking Vivienne Mackinder inquires or to attend a live workshop or to become a 5 star member of HairdesignerTV.com contact [email protected] or call 866-484-8622.