Hi there my Dear Friends at HairDesignerTV and Fellow Stylists,
With NAHA a week away, it would seem very appropriate to share thoughts and insights to producing an award winning collection.
With 7 NAHA in my treasure chest, I confess any time I enter the photos studio, I learn and I am still humbled by the experience.
I hope you can join me for Face Book Live, I will share some solid advice on the technical and creative journey.
Here are some of my top 10 tips.
- Give your collection a Name, which will be the theme and base for the story and collection.
- Work with a team more talented than you, so that you are stretched.
- Never compromise beauty for creativity.
- Be relevant.
- Get very clear as to why you are doing a collection, so that you can meet not only your creative goals but meet important business objectives.
- Focus on quality of shoot and not quantity of shots.
- Make a storyboard bringing all the creative elements together.
- Practice your ideas on a Mannequin and photo journal.
- Pre and Post production are a very critical part of your success. A well produced shoot saves time and money.
- Ask yourself the following: How can I leverage my collection through Press and Social media platforms, to see a return on Investment?
PS – WHEN ENTERING NAHA OR ANY HAIR COMPETITION REMEMBER TO READ THE RULES FIRST
MAKE SURE YOUR SHOOT MEETS THE COMPETITION CRITERIA.
This collection won Masters NAHA
For those who entered NAHA congratulations. To the nominated finalists you have already won. Congratulations to all the Hair designers who created beautiful collections, It’s all about the journey.
Best wishes Vivienne Mackinder Founder of HairDesignerTV.com
Instagram Vivienne Mackinder
FaceBook Vivienne Mackinder
to join us for a workshop or seminar please contact [email protected]inder.com
HDTV studio – 631.591.1079
The Journey Collection credits:
Hair Vivienne Mackinder
Photography Julia Pogadina
Makeup David Maderich