HI there my Friends at HairDesignerTV and fellow stylists.
I would like you to be the first to hear about my new ‘Train the Trainer program’ that will launch in 2018.
I know many of you have a training system in your salon, and I also know that a training system can always be enhanced to meet todays demands. Having designed training systems for major companies during my career from Vidal Sassoon, Trevor Sorbie, Douglas J and many more companies. I have seen a great training attract the best in the business with highly motivated staff.
Training is an art, which not only requires skills but patience.
There are two types of learning ACCIDENTAL AND INTENTIONAL LEARNING.
I have experience both styles of learning during my career. Experience has shown me that when you have intention with a plan you have better results and consistency. Ok so occasionally I have had some moments where an accident turned into an original idea and a victory! This may be ok as ‘The experimental artist’, its not recommended as a business model or training system.
It is an investment in time and money to train new hire and keep senior stylists up to date with trends.
As Vidal Sassoon said many a times “If you think education is expensive try ignorance”
I know it can be challenging to find the time to reinvest in ourselves. But if we do not we can easily get left behind.
This is why I am blending live events with online, to accommodate busy lives and budgets.
Here are a few questions to reflect upon.
1. Is there a team member who is pulling down the standards of the salon? If so do you have a coaching and training system to correct the situation?
2. How would you rate your teams soft skills? Consultation – Communication – understanding of face shape and fashion?
3. How current and on trend are the cuts colors and styles leaving the salon? Are clients asking for something new and can the team and new hire deliver?
4. How consistent are the team technically and creativity?
5. Do you feel that you are undercharging for your services?
6. What would it take to increase the value of your services?
7. If your head of education, or art director left what would happen to the in-salon training?
8. If you have several salon locations is your training consistent and well branded?
I have now developed this system for ‘Training the Trainer’ please check it out (below). If this is the right fit for you and your company I would love to help you.
WORKSHOP: Train the Trainer – Artistic Director Training (Part 1)
LEVEL: Intermediate to Advanced
WHEN: March 18th – 20th, 2018
WHERE: Water Street Studio – 247 Water St, 1st Fl, New York, NY 10038
TIME: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (1-hour Lunch)
HOST: Vivienne Mackinder
• Educator/Artistic Director (Full Participation) – $1,650.00
• Associate Team Member (3-day Observation)– $600.00
The “Train The Trainer” workshops are designed for Educators or Artistic Directors, those who are specifically responsible for training new stylist in a salon environment.
Vivienne guides you through the ‘Designer Program’, which is an online apprenticeship system. This program will equip you with a learning path for your new hires, and help you train your new team members. Using Vivienne’s apprenticeship system, you will be able to train your new hires more efficiently and get them on the floor faster – in turn, increasing your profits. The Designer Program provides a higher technical and creative system to turn your team into highly skilled professionals.
During the Part-1 training, students will focus on soft skills, styling & finishing hair, including editorial styling. The focus is dexterity skills, strong technique, combined with creativity and the ability to understand hair shape and face shapes as you design. *Please note, in Part-2 of Train The Trainer, we focus on consultation and cutting skills.
- Hire to Win and Retain Staff
• Systems for Evaluation & Coaching
• Training System Soft Skills (part 1)
• Finishing Skills, Blow Dry and Setting
• Dress Work – Casual and Formal
• The Art of Understanding and Building Shapes
• The Art of Pinning
• The Art of Back Combing
Training Session Format:
• 3-hours multi-media presentation each day
• 6-hours of hands-on training each day
• 1-year access to the Designer Online Program
• Completion Certificate
*NOTE: This workshop is part of a designed journey. We offer additional packages of live events, monthly coaching, virtual meetings and the designer program online education. These extra resources can be custom designed to support you and maintain the integrity of your training system
For more information, call 631-591-1079.