Hi there my friends at HairDesignerTV and fellow stylists/colorists!
Gosh, it’s so easy to be blinded by trends or become ‘hair snobs’!! Yes, I still catch myself being blinded by fashion and the new “It style”! Mastery is fusing fashion, lifestyle, personality with total suitability. No point wearing a trend if it does not suit you. So who is sitting in your chair? Design not only to face shape but body type.
The 7 balance points for hair length are as follows:
What do you want to emphasize? What do you want to disguise?
- Over the ear to accent the eyes.
- Bottom of the ear to accent the cheekbone.
- Base of jaw line to accent the jaw.
- Collar to frame the neck and give the ‘rule of 4’ equal proportions.
(see diagram below)
- Draping the shoulders to elongate the face and neck.
- Bust length widen and focal point bust
- Waist lengthen the torso.
The most important consideration is the total proportion.
When you do a consultation stand your guest up with her back to the mirror. It is less invasive to look at her body type through the mirror without looking directly at the client body.
“Do you mind standing up so I can measure the most desirable length for your body type, as well?”
For more information on Face shape and Consultation. Please visit HairDesignerTV.com . The Designer Program SOFT SKILLS.
Our next workshops love to see you.